Option required : Inventory
Allowed profile : Brand manager
The inventory option allows you to manage reorder to sell the remaining pieces available immediately in your warehouse but also upcoming stock that will be delivered later. This feature can also help you manage your production levels to limit the quantities ordered by your buyers. You may set up which inventory type will be available per collection / sales catalog for your buyers: any stock, immediate stock only or incoming stock only.
Combined with the Sales catalog option, you will be able to sell the same never out of stock reference in a current-stock-only catalog and in another incoming-stock-only catalog simultaneously.
- Rules and inventory type
- Set up the stock on your collection / sales catalog
- Switching a pre-order collection / sales catalog to stock-based mode
Rules and inventory type
There are three inventory types available on your collection / sales catalog settings.
- Any: the order fulfilment priority is given to current stock. Once the current stock runs out, the quantities will be taken on the incoming stock.
- Current stock only: the order will be fulfilled from current stock only. The buyer won't be able to select quantities from the incoming stock on this collection / sales catalog.
- Incoming stock only: the order will be fulfilled from incoming stock only. The buyer won't be able to select quantities from the current stock on this collection / sales catalog.
The Automatic confirmation feature allows you to receive orders confirmed automatically placed by retailers only. If the order was created by a brand member, it cannot be confirmed automatically and still needs to be manually confirmed.
Important notice: if you have a split by order mode and your buyer places an order on several stock-based collections, the order will be confirmed only if all the collections have enabled the automatic confirmation feature.
Set up the stock on your collection / sales catalog
To set up a specific inventory type on your stock-based collection / sales catalog, follow the steps below:
- Navigate to the menu Collections > Collections or Sales catalogs
- Enter the desired collection / sales catalog
- Select the inventory type under the Order settings section. You may also enable the automatic confirmation here if needed.
Switching a pre-order collection / sales catalog to in-stock mode
Once you decide to switch the order mode of collection / sales catalog to an another orde mode, all the orders that were placed to this previous order mode will be no longer editable.
We recommend that you close all the orders that were taken on the previous mode before changing the order mode.
If you have the Sales catalog option, you can duplicate the same sales catalog and just change the order mode thus your buyer will be able to place orders on the same reference with unlimited quantities or limited quantities depending on the sales catalog he orders on. It will allow you to manage the preorders and stock-based orders simultaneously and still be able to modify orders if needed.