Option required : Advanced inventory
Allowed profile : Brand manager
The quantity policy allows you to manage your never out-of-stock products in the most efficient way. You can either limit your buyers to order only the stock levels available on Le New Black or allows them to order more quantities than the available stock. This feature helps you anticipate the production of your never out-of-stock products and not loose any sales.
Rules of each quantity policy
There are two quantity policies:
- Limited to ATS: the order quantity is limited to Available-To-Sell. Please learn more about ATS in this article.
- Open: the order quantity is not limited. Even out of stocks items can be ordered.
Depending on the inventory type, the "Open" quantities will not be displayed in the same order mode. Please see below the differences according to the inventory type:
- If Inventory type is set to Any or Incoming stock only: the "Open" quantities will be displayed in the PO with the order mode Incoming stock. If the buyer also ordered incoming ATS quantities, these will be combined with the "Open" quantities.
- If Inventory type is set to Current stock only: the "Open" quantities will be displayed in the PO with the order mode Current stock. If the buyer also ordered current ATS quantities, these will be combined with the "Open" quantities.
In order to calculate the "Open" quantities the buyer ordered, you may check the grey notice at the top of the order that displays several information including:
- the "Instock" quantities available in your showroom when he placed the order
- the overall "Ordered" quantities by the buyer in the order
When the order has an "Open" quantity policy, you can confirm it easily. An order with the "Limited to ATS" quantity policy cannot be confirmed when there are no more available stock.
Setting up the quantity policy on a collection / sales catalog
To set up a specific quantity policy on a collection / sales catalog, follow the steps below:
- Navigate to the menu Collections > Collections or Sales catalogs
- Enter the desired collection / sales catalog
- Select Stock-based as an Order mode then choose the inventory type. Learn more about inventory type in this article.
- Select your quantity policy