A product's size family can be updated even after you uploaded your collection with a CSV file.
Update the sizing of a product without any order
To update a product size family that has no order placed yet, simply change it on the product back office page.
WARNING: the update of the size family will be blocked if the EAN13 and the stock level are already added in the product. For this situation, please refer to here.
- Navigate to the menu Collections > Products
- Click on the product model to enter
- In Global settings tab, click on Size family to select the new one
- Click on SAVE AND CLOSE and the size family of your product will be updated in your showroom.
Update the sizing of a product with orders
Important notice: every sizing system's update on a product already placed in orders impacts quantities (quantities loss, quantities moved to another size etc). Updating a sizing system is a process to be managed with caution because it will update all your orders not in Closed status.
Add a new size in a product's sizing
If you wish to add a new size on a product's sizing (e.g. from M, L, XL to S, M, L, XL). If you wish add a new size between sizes of a sizing system (from 38, 39 to 38, 38.5, 39).
- Navigate to Collections > Sizing
- Click on the Update a product sizing system button
- Select or write down the name of the product that you want to change the sizing. If you have the Sales catalog option, the collections must be in Preview for the product to be displayed in the module
- Move the previous' sizing position to match the same size position in the new sizing. In the screenshot below, the size M from previous sizing is at the 1st position. To match the right position in the new sizing, start by moving
-> size XL to 4th position
-> size L to 3rd position
-> size M to the 2nd position
This is really important so your quantities in pending orders stays in the same size.
- Click on the Update a product sizing button
Reduce a size in a product's sizing
- If you wish to remove the last size of a product's sizing that does not have quantities in pending orders. Follow the tutorial above (ignore the 4th step).
- If you wish to remove the last size of a product's sizing that has quantities in pending orders. It's recommended to first download the orders to have an history of the quantities taken because after the sizing update (tutorial above), the quantities taken on the last size will be deleted with no way to retrieve them from the system.
- If you wish to remove a size at the beginning of a product's sizing that has quantities in pending orders. Follow the steps below.
- You may first download the orders to have a record of the quantities then remove the product from orders
- Remove the EAN codes of the product (refer to LNB tip in this tutorial if you do not have the Inventory option)
- Update the sizing system as seen here (ignore the 4th step)
- Update the EAN codes of the product
- Add back the product with the correct quantities in the orders