A product's size family can be updated even after you uploaded your collection with a CSV file.
Update the size family of a product without order
To update a product size family that has no order placed yet, simply change it on the product back office page.
WARNING: the update of the size family will be blocked if the EAN13 and the stock level are already added in the product. For this situation, please refer to here.
- Navigate to the menu Collections > Products
- Click on the product model to enter
- In Global settings tab, click on Size family to select the new one
- Click on SAVE AND CLOSE and the size family of your product will be updated in your showroom.
Update the size family of a product with orders
Important notice: every sizing system's update on a product already placed in orders impacts quantities (quantities loss, quantities moved to another size etc). Updating a sizing system is a process to be managed with caution because it will update all your orders not in Closed status.
Add a new size in a product's sizing
If you wish to add a new size on a product's sizing (e.g. from M, L, XL to S, M, L, XL). If you wish add a new size between sizes of a sizing system (from 38, 39 to 38, 38.5, 39).
- Navigate to Collections > Sizing
- Click on the Update a product sizing system button
- Select or write down the name of the product that you want to change the sizing
- Move the previous' sizing position to match the same size position in the new sizing. In the screenshot below, the size M from previous sizing is at the 1st position. To match the right position in the new sizing, start by moving
-> size XL to 4th position
-> size L to 3rd position
-> size M to the 2nd position
This is really important so your quantities in pending orders stays in the same size.
- Click on the Update a product sizing button
Reduce a size in a product's sizing
- If you wish to remove the last size of a product's sizing that does not have quantities in pending orders. Follow the tutorial above (ignore the 4th step).
- If you wish to remove the last size of a product's sizing that has quantities in pending orders. Follow the steps below.
- If you wish to remove a size at the beginning of a product's sizing that has quantities in pending orders. Follow the steps below.
- You may first download the orders to have a record of the quantities then remove the product from orders
- Remove the EAN codes of the product
- Update the sizing system as seen here (ignore the 4th step)
- Update the EAN codes of the product
- Add back the product with the correct quantities in the orders