To create an invoice, the default status is set as pro forma. The pro forma can be used as a quote and be provided the deposit terms to the client before sending the invoice. Once the pro forma is created, you can find it on the Invoice page under Sales menu.
- Creating a pro forma invoice
- Adding the shipping fee and the deposoit
- Exporting and printing as PDF or Excel format
- Sending and deleting the pro forma invoice
Creating a pro forma invoice
To create a pro forma invoice, click on the button Create invoice on Invoices page. To begin with, the default invoice is set as pro froma status. You can choose to either create a new pro forma or generate one from an order placed on Le New Black. In the pro forma, you can manage the related information, such as to add or to remove the invoiced item, to add the shipping fee and the deposit. Once you finish and save the pro forma, you can move the status from Pro forma to Open. After changing the status, you are not able to edit the detail in the invoice anymore. Read more about creating invoices
Adding the shipping fee and the deposit
1. Shipping fee
To add the shipping fee, putting the amount in shipping fee column and the amount will be added automatically in the grand total.
You can choose to put the deposit rate or an amount in the deposit column based on the agreement with your client. The deposit will not affect the invoiced amount. Once you received the deposit, you may put the received amount in Paid Amount and Save. The balance due amount will be decreased automatically.
Exporting and printing the pro forma invoice as PDF or Excel format
After finishing the pro forma, you can export it as two formats: PDF and Excel. In PDF format, you can choose with or without the product images if required. To export and print the pro forma, click on the printer icon to proceed.
To export the pro forma as PDF, you will find three displays of the PDF. Click on the small box to switch from one display to another.
- PDF with products name, images, country origin, fabric, quantity, unit price and amount
- PDF with products name, quantity, unit price and amount
- PDF with products name, composition, EAN, HS code quantity, unit price and amount
To export the pro forma as Excel, you have two options: single pro forma or all the pro formas.
- To export single pro forma, simply click on download Excel after clicking on the printer icon.
- To export all the pro forma invoices in bulk, click on Export button on Invoice page or go to Setting wheel > Integration center > Export > Sales > Invoices, choose Pro forma in the filter Invoice Status and select the file format and then Export.
Sending and deleting the pro forma invoice
- To send the pro forma invoice to your client by clicking on the button Send by email under three dots menu and the clients can view the invoiced item in pro forma when they receive it. The clients can always find it in their back-office.
- To delete the pro forma invoice by clicking on the button Delete proforma invoice under three dots menu if you wish to redo it or simply erase it.
Congratulation! You have finished your pro forma invoice and you can turn it into the invoice by moving the status from Pro forma to Open. Read more about editing the invoice