A collection can be presented by the collection display or the sales catalog display in the showroom. The collection display is about presenting the product traditionally, i.e. one product equals one collection and one EAN13/SKU. The sales catalog display is helpful for the brands who have carryover or permanent products. It allows you to present one product into different collections/catalogs, i.e. the product can be present in pre-order and re-order collection at the same time and it can prevent the duplicate product issue in the showroom database.
The following article guides you on how to manage a collection based on the collection display. Read more about the sales catalog display here.
To create a collection, you may choose to create it manually or upload a csv file from the Integration Center. Following the creation of the collection, manage the collection setting allows you to present the collections dynamically on the showroom based on your strategy. This essential setting can be edited on one page easily by the brand managers and enables you to modify the status of the collection, the order mode, and the collection terms. Please go to Collection page under Collections menu to begin.
Creating a collection manually
1. Creating a collection and set the required information
First, click on Create a collection and put in Line, Season by clicking on the drop-down list and Name.
2. Creating a line
To create a line, open the Line tab and click on Create a line to begin. Then, put the line name and choose the line type.
Managing the collection status
A collection can be set in different statuses: Pending, Preview, View&Order, View only and Archived based on how to present on the showroom.
- Pending: the collection is registered, however, it's not visible on the showroom. If you create a collection by uploading a csv file, the status will be automatically put as Pending.
- Preview: the collection can be seen only by the brand managers. This status is suggested for the time period where the collection is missing some components.
- View&Order: the collection is published both on the showroom and the marketplace. This status requires a 100% completeness within the collection.
- View Only: allows brands to showcase their collections with no ordering options. This status can be used to give reference to the old collections for the buyers’ convenience.
- Closed: only visible on the brand user side and not available for order.
- Archived: as a self-explanatory status, archiving a collection means that the collection will not be present on the online showroom.
Setting the collection display
After publishing the collection, you may set the collection to be displayed under the menu, in the app and activate the fabric menu and you can also add a badge text to highlight the collection on the showroom.
1. Setting the collection under the menu
The collection is allowed to be displayed under Seasonal, Capsule, Permanent and Reorder menu based on your strategy and it's possible to be presented one collection under two or more menus at the same time.
2. Publishing the collection on iPad app by clicking on Yes/No
To set the collection to be published on the iPad application.
3. Publishing the fabric menu by clicking on Yes/No
This visual feature gives you the opportunity to group products that are made of the same fabric or color. A great way to guide your buyers in their selection, just like you would do in a physical showroom. After activating it, you can find a Fabric tab in the collection. Read more about managing fabrics and materials
4. Setting the rank and the badge text
The rank allows you to change the order of the collection by putting the number (beginning with 0 which will be the top on the showroom). The badge text may permit you to highlight the collection with a short text on the showroom which will be marked as yellow.
5. Adding the collection cover image
Uploading an image as the collection cover and address the collection conception to the customer. To upload an image, please enter the collection desired and click on Images and files tab. Choose an image to Showroom main image. The dimension is width 440px / height not constrained.
Congratulation! Your collection has been created, now proceed to set up your terms of sales in the showroom.