Importing your products on Le New Black is done via a single CSV file. All the associated data (collection, categories, colors, ...) will be created on-the-fly if needed. This makes creating and updating products a fast and efficient process that this guide will walk you through.
First a bit of vocabulary
Collection: a collection name. You may fill in multiple collections within the same file by naming them accordingly (eg: Men SS19, Women SS19...).
Category: a category name (eg: Denim, Trousers, Dresses...)
Model: a unique identifier for each product (must be unique across all your products, seasons..).
Fabric name: a fabric name (color+material). Each product can have multiple variants.
SKU: a product/variant/size identifier. This is the lowest level of product data. It can be provided in any desired format, most popular being EAN13.
Pre-requisite: create sizing systems first
Size families have to be created before you upload your CSV file so that the CSV importing module will be able to match them. Follow these steps to create your size families:
- Navigate to: Collections tab > Sizing > Create a sizing system
- Name your size family
- Add the available sizes
Prepare your CSV file
There are two types of CSV files for importing your products: one variant per row and one SKU per row. Depending on your existing system, you will want to use or the other.
➡ Option 1: import product variants (one variant per row)
Here is a preview of a CSV file based on this template, with required columns only:
➡ Option 2: import product SKUs (one SKU per row)
If you wish to upload your EAN13 you will use this option. Here is a preview of a typical CSV file based on this second template (again with required columns only):
Import your CSV file
Navigate to: Settings wheel > Integration center > Products (model/variant) or Products (model/variant/size)
- Drop the CSV file in the uploader
- Preview how your data is going to be imported. Errors will appear in red (mouse over red cells to view details): if there are any, please fix them in the CSV file and import it again, or ignore them for fixing them later
- Link collections, categories, and fabrics to Le New Black top-level data (for retailers cross search features)
- Validate your import. You are good to go!
- You need to select your collection status to make your collection visible.
Congratulations! You have imported your collection! Now that you are familiar with importing products, let's go into details. You may want to read the article Set display settings that will walk you through the display possibilities on your online showroom.